Monday, July 23, 2012

Progress | July 23, 2012

I've been watching what I eat and recording it in the My Fitness Pal app {see example screenshot below} on my Android phone as well as doing at least 30 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week for the past two or so weeks. It's a start. It's 5 pounds down. It's a stronger me. It's abs that are getting firmer. Within the first few days of watching what went into my mouth, I noticed my pants and skirts weren't so tight in the waist. That was the first sign that I wasn't taking in so much sodium and crap. Less bloat is great! I have also been drinking a crap load of water. And I started my weight training again. Baby steps.


I got a new bicycle helmet, new workout kicks, a new sports bra and I'll be bringing the old kicks and some workout clothes to the office this week so I can ride my bike or head over to Cherokee Boulevard for a long walk during the day. Making my fitness more accessible helps. And having the right food choices with me does too.

Oh, and I also also taking part in my friend Mary Weaver's Body Transformation Boot Camp for women over 40. It's a 5 week program with weekly calls, a private Facebook group, a private website and lots of great support from Mary herself. She's awesome! Visit her website at primefit.org for more information. Here is a link to a Q&A with Mary in MetroPulse.

It's on! I'll be posting more updates and insights every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment